Sunday, May 13, 2012
Update on my Thicker Hair Journey
* Now I'm roller setting my edges to get it straight instead of using heat. I noticed before I was using to much heat on my edges just to get it to match the rest of my hair because it was growing, and that was thinning it out.
* I make sure my hair is moisturized and sealed every day. Never skipping a day.
* I do three loose ponytails every evening on satin rollers or soft rollers after the moisturizing and sealing.
* I wear my hair in either a chignon or ponytail (mainly a chignon) so my ends stay protected most days.
* I just did a 1 1/2 inch cut because I texlax my new growth every six months for 8 minutes (will be changing to five minutes). I don't like the thick at the top, thinner at the bottom look, I will continue to work on that.
*I shampoo, condition and roller set once a week
*I cowash in the middle of the week (I found I can't skip the cowash part due to dry hair by the third or fourth day)
This regimen is helping so much I'm starting to see a difference. I'll take another picture in August to see where I'm at then. Still mid back length right now. Was waist length. I'll get there again.